Your Ad Here

Saturday, December 6, 2008

(England) Kirsten ready for action


India coach Gary Kirsten is looking forward to getting on with the Test match series against England.

The former South Africa batsman has cast aside doubts of his own to remain in India, despite the recent terrorist attacks on Mumbai.

He told the Daily Telegraph: "I have had a lot of things to weigh up and it's obviously a concern with my family in South Africa.

"But I am very much part of the India set-up, I enjoy working there and I want to keep the momentum going from the good work we have done recently.

"There is no way that security can be guaranteed wherever you are in the world. But you can't keep saying no. There are terrorism threats everywhere, even the UK is not immune from them.

"But if the professional security people who are paid to make these assessments have given the go-ahead, then I think you have to go with it.

"England have been given the best advice, it is now a case of whether as an individual you feel comfortable with it."

No comments:

Your Ad Here